Today (24th July'2017) I have successfully passed after around 100 hours of studying which have taken around 4 weeks though I didn't get a chance to prepare everyday.
So, before preparing the exam, I have registered the exam and then started preparing exam.
Exam OutlineContent: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions*
- Time allotted to complete the exam: 120 minutes
- Passing Score: 68%
- Registration fee: USD 400; Retake fee: USD 200
- Delivery options: Proctored exam delivered onsite at a testing center or in an online proctored environment. Click here for information in scheduling an exam.
- References: No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
- Prerequisite: None
I have faced 65 questions, some of the them are very descriptive and I was running out of time. Even if few questions I have marked for review to revisit, but didn't get time of review. But finally I am happy to see me passed.
Before I started my preparation, I have prepared a document and noted down all the points mentioned by these guys which helped me focusing on certain areas.
- How to Prepare For and PASS Sharing and Visibility Designer Exam - By Maciej Jozwiak
- Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer Exam! - By Binod Kumar
- Preparing For The Salesforce ‘Sharing and Visibility Designer’ Exam - By Mayank Srivastava
- Sharing and Visibility Designer - By Clapor
- PASSING THE SALESFORCE SHARING AND VISIBILITY DESIGNER ARCHITECT EXAM - By Chris W.
- Salesforce Sharing & Visibility Designer Certification. - By Jitendra Joysar
And if anyone follows those blogs and prepare the way they have mentioned then anybody can pass this exam and I am really thankful to those guys.
I have also prepared an excel on Group Membership operation and sharing recalculation for my understanding and revision.
The worksheet can be downloaded from here : Notes on Designing Record Access
Topics I have received on Exam
- Difference between profile and permission set
- Use of System.runAs()
- Login Hours and Login IP changes
- How to restrict or grant access to the records by using Role Hierarchy, Public Groups, Team, Territory, Partners.
- Default sharing model for Internal and External users
- Given a code snippet to identify the security threat
- When to use territory management
- Encryption in rest and transit
- Use of Protected Custom metadata types, Protected Custom settings, Crypto class
- Locking related issues and how to overcome that.
- Use of Salesforce Shield
- Apex managed sharing and reason and when to use what.
- Sharing Set
- Manual sharing and what happens if ownership is changed.
- Use of FLS, Recordtype, page layout, permission set and custom permissions
- How reports and dashboards and files can be shared.
Read thoroughly following study materials:
If you have a firm understanding then you can surely pass the exam.
Note: I have not used any dumps and didn't prepare those, so please don't ask me for dumps.