I have faced 65 questions (including 5 unscored questions) and for me it has taken total 25 hours (almost 3 and half days) to prepare for this exam and my overall score is 84%
The Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer exam has the following characteristics:
- Content: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions* (5 unscored questions will be added)
- Time allotted to complete the exam: 90 minutes (time allows for unscored questions)
- Passing Score: 68%
- Registration fee: USD 400, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Retake fee: USD 200, plus applicable taxes as required per local law
- Delivery options: Proctored exam delivered onsite at a testing center or in an online proctored environment. Click here for information on scheduling an exam.
- References: No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam.
- Prerequisite: None
*Please note that as of November 16, 2017, all Salesforce certification exams will contain five additional, randomly placed, unscored questions to gather data on question performance. The duration of each exam has been evaluated and adjusted to accommodate the inclusion of the unscored questions. These five questions will be in addition to the 60 scored questions on your exam, and will have no impact whatsoever on your score.
Before I started my preparation, I have prepared a document and noted down all the points and advice mentioned by these guys. Thanks to all of them.
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer - By Abrar
- Preparing For The Salesforce ‘Development Lifecycle and Deployment Certification’ Exam - By Mayank Srivastava
- Development Lifecycle & Deployment Designer, Guide & Tips - By Anup Jadav
- Acing Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer Certification - By Rakesh Gupta
- Salesforce Development Lifecycle & Deployment Designer (Su '17) - By Kat Sullivan
Topics I have received on Exam
- What is the advantages and disadvantages of Waterfall and Agile methodology.
- When to use what type of sandboxes (Developer edition, partial copy, fullcopy)
- Deployment approach for hotfixes.
- Deployment approach for Daily, Minor, Major releases
- Metadata API
- Given a scenario which deployment tool is most preferable (Force.com IDE, ChangeSet, Force.com Migration tool)
- Role & Responsibilities of CoE, Architecture Review Board, Release Manager
- Given a scenario for mitigating risk of deployments
- Testing best practices
- Ant based deployment with different types of braching
- Continuous Integration with source code control system
- Agile accelerator and its usage.
- Managed and unmanaged package (when to use what)
- Conflicting situation during salesforce release and your release and how to handle the situation
Overall, this exam is relatively easy as compared to my earlier architect exams like Sharing and Data designer exams. My real life project experience has helped me passing the exam with relatively few hours of preparation.