Monday, July 13, 2020

Tips for passing Salesforce Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant Certification

Motivation behind this


Yesterday (11th July,2020), I have successfully passed Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant Certification. Last year I have started learning EA through trailhead modules and trailmixes. 

Salesforce is providing guidance on certification preparations through Partner Portal which helps me to prepare and pass this exam.

Don't forget to read Experience on appearing online exam section at the end.


Exam Outline


  • Prerequisite: There are no prerequisites for taking this exam
  • Exam Format: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions and 5 non scored questions
  • Time allotted to complete the exam: 90 minutes
  • Passing score: 68%
  • Registration fee: 200 USD
  • Delivery options: Online proctored or onsite proctored delivery. 
  • Results: Provided immediately after exam submission as on-screen text and by email.

I have given myself 3 weeks time frame only for certification through the materials and sessions shared by Salesforce for partners and happy to see me passed.



Preparation




Topics to Consider for Exam


  • Data Flow, Data Sync (Replication)
  • Data Transformation - sfdcDigest, flatten, edgemart, computeExpression, computeRelative (almost 6-7 questions).
  • Use of External Data API
  • Co-grouping with SAQL
  • Integration User's currency
  • Different types of Connectors which can be used.
  • Shield Encryption
  • Sharing Inheritance, 
  • Support objects for Sharing Inheritance
  • Security Predicate (check with Role Hierarchy), Sharing Apps, View All Data permission
  • For different type of teams, permission sets with different set of permissions
  • Different types of roles (Viewer, Editor, Manager)
  • Analytics Permission Sets
  • Deployment with ANT migration tool, Change Sets
  • Analytics App Template - use of template-info.json
  • XMD - use cases behind edit/upload
  • Use of layout templates
  • Configuring Actions
  • Creating layouts for Web and Mobile
  • Trend Analysis
  • Performance issue
  • Binding by selection of a grouping
  • Binding syntax 
  • Compare table
  • Use of fill statement with SAQL
  • coalesce (atleast 2 questions)
  • Unbiased insights and Recommended actions
  • Write back package

Hope, this will help you to prepare for exam.

Here it comes actual experience.


Experience on appearing online exam


My luck was not with me on exam day. I have scheduled the exam at 4pm IST so started around 10 minutes before. Webassessor site was very slow on that day, usually doesn't happen. After bio-metric, when I am answering the questions and clicking the next button, I had wait around 75 secs to see the next question. So after going though all the 65 questions when I first went to review the first question then all of a sudden it logged out.
I have contacted the support over phone so that I could re-launch the same session. Now over call, there was long wait time and almost 5 times I have logged in and done bio-metric and faced the challenges.
Finally, scheduled again after my dinner at 11pm IST and completed exam at 12:15am IST.

So, after struggling after 8 hours, I was so excited to see me passed. By the way, Webassessor support persons are very helpful to support you. If this situation happens to you then don't panic, they will help you to bring the same session. They are reachable at this number (800 491 6595 and 602 659 4665).

Best of Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment